Our farm has been in the family since 1852. This farm used to be the entire town of Dresden, Illinois, platted in 1836. Grandma's house (located right on the pumpkin farm) was formerly known as Rutherford's Tavern and served as a stop on the stagecoach line.
The old barn is in the National Register of Historic Places. It is a beautiful old building right along the Illinois and Michigan Canal, lovingly called the "Mule Barn."
Make sure to visit the old Catholic Cemetery on the hill, a place where many stories rest. Since we are near the confluence of the Kankakee and Des Plaines Rivers, Native Americans often passed through here. This little part of the world is full of history and intrigue. A visit to our farm is a lovely journey into the past, just a short 50 minutes from downtown Chicago, so accessible to all of Chicagoland.
Click on map for directions.
Just 15 minutes from Joliet, and 50 minutes from downtown Chicago!
Open Daily • 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
September 21 - October 30, 2015